North Texas Giving Day 2014: Donate to Deep Vellum
September 18, 2014 § 1 Comment
For this year’s North Texas Giving Day,
please consider donating to Deep Vellum.
North Texas Giving Day, now in its sixth year, has become one of the leading fundraising opportunities for our area’s nonprofits every year. This year, Deep Vellum will be participating in North Texas Giving Day through our fiscal sponsor, The Writer’s Garret.
Making a tax-deductible donation to Deep Vellum via
The Writer’s Garret on North Texas Giving Day is easy:
- Click this link (or the picture above) to The Writer’s Garret’s page for North Texas Giving Day
- Write in “Deep Vellum” in the memo/info field
- Email deepvellum[at]gmail[dot]com & let us know you donated (this ensures your donation goes to Deep Vellum for accounting purposes)
- Voila! Your donation will be recorded as part of our fundraising efforts, and every donation over $25 qualifies Deep Vellum and The Writer’s Garret for additional funds from matching donors and foundations, making a huge impact simultaneously for two of the best literary organizations in North Texas!
- NOTE: All donations received at $1,000 and above will qualify you for Deep Vellum’s elite donor group, the Liga del Siglo. Liga del Siglo members receive special benefits, including the first five Deep Vellum titles, customized bookplates in their books, invitations to special events with Deep Vellum authors and translators, and more. If you have questions about the Liga del Siglo, please feel free to ask.
For more information on this special fundraising opportunity, here are some important North Texas Giving Day FAQs from their website:
Who can donate?
Anyone with a credit card and access to the internet.What is a “unique donor”?
For the purposes of awarding prizes, a unique donor is one individual or corporation/business. Multiple donations from one donor to the same nonprofit will count as one gift. Organizations cannot donate to themselves.What forms of donations are accepted?
MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express donations received through NorthTexasGivingDay.org website on Giving Day will be multiplied on a prorated basis. No donations via check, cash or stock will be accepted. Donor-advised fundholders at Communities Foundation of Texas, The Dallas Foundation and Community Foundation of North Texas may recommend grants from their funds.Are gifts tax-deductible?
All donations are tax deductible and irrevocable and will be for the unrestricted use of your chosen charity.Is there a minimum gift?
There is no minimum gift, however, to qualify for bonus funds there is a minimum donation of $25. All donations up to $50,000 will receive bonus funds. For donations $50,000 or more, only the first $50,000 will quality for bonus funds.Can my company match my Giving Day gift?
Yes! Make your gift, complete your company’s matching form and follow your company’s matching procedures as usual. When your company sends their matching gift to Communities Foundation of Texas, we will send a check to the nonprofits you supported. NOTE: Corporate matching gifts are NOT eligible for Giving Day bonus funds and prizes.
One of the reasons I established Deep Vellum as a nonprofit in Dallas is because of this city’s remarkable nonprofit community (in all sectors, from arts to health to education). Generous local donors and foundations in North Texas support the vitality of the nonprofit sector like few other cities in the world. North Texas Giving Day is one of the most visible and outstanding examples of our local spirit of support—in just five years, North Texas Giving Day has pumped more than $60 million into the North Texas community. In 2013, more than 75,000 gifts, totaling $25.2 million, benefited more than 1,350 nonprofits. This year over 1,600 nonprofits are participating!
As a nonprofit publishing house with a mission to enrich the North Texas community through publishing translated literature, promoting translation, and hosting regular literary events and workshops, Deep Vellum is sustained by the support of generous donors like you. Every little bit helps, and every donation at $25 and above will be amplified by over $2 million in bonus funds and prizes. And every donation, no matter how big or small, is 100% tax-deductible.
If you are interested in supporting additional literary and literacy organizations in Dallas that help further Deep Vellum’s mission one way or another, I encourage you to support the following organizations:
- The Writer’s Garret (even beyond their work as our fiscal sponsor, The Writer’s Garret are one of the longest-lasting and most impactful literary organizations in all of North Texas for writing workshops, readings, and children’s literary education)
- WordSpace (partners on many events with Deep Vellum, a wonderful resource for diverse literary events)
- Friends of the Dallas Public Library (advocating for a more engaged, enriched, and active public library for Dallas)
- LIFT (Literacy Instruction for Texas) (providing unparalleled, impressive adult literacy education in a city with a 25% adult illiteracy rate, with outstanding results)
- Big D Reads (uniting the city by reading a book together & hosting a month of events around the book)
Thank you for your support of the literary arts in North Texas, your donations, subscriptions, purchases, clicks, views, blog posts, tweets, and word of mouth support means the world to us, we cannot do it without you, and together we will build the more awesome world we all want to see. Thank you.